11.23.2009

Life even in Death.

Last night I had this very, very vivid dream I wanted to share.


It was Thanksgiving day and the whole family was at grandma and grandpa's house as usual. All but granny, she had passed away in the dream just like reality.


I was holding Jonah when I looked up and saw this picture of Christ on the cross on her wall. I started looking around the room at each and every person there. I saw my grandma around all of them. Each person, for a spilt second, she was next to, hugging, reaching out to them.

I then looked down at my son, Jonah whom I was holding and I felt this presence of granny behind me. Holding me. Looking down at Jonah and I. I looked up and saw her face for just a second before it disappeared. I had an overwhelming feeling of grief. sadness.

I handed Jonah to my mother and walked back into grandma's bedroom. This had been where I grieved alone while spending the hours after her death at their house in reality. I walked to her bed and her rosary bead were placed on her side of the bed. The same beads that I carried with me when I was growing up. That she and I loved so much. And that I had personally placed in her coffin before they put her in the ground. I picked them up and sat down.

While staring at the beads and sobbing, missing her so much I felt a warm brush on my shoulder. It startled me and I looked up into my grandmother's eyes. Except it looked like she did in the black and white pictures I loved so much. The ones where she was 20 years old and beautiful as can be.

She looked at me with her head slightly tilted and said, "dear. Why are you crying? I'm so happy."
"granny. we miss you so much. i cant-", she stopped me.
"Ashley, I'm in heaven. I have life again in Christ. I have my friends with me. I play bingo and run. I'm free, I worship God, and it's beautiful there. Don't cry for me. We will be together again."

She was gone.

Find this silly. I know it was a message from her. From God. I never believed in any of this stuff until this day.

I love you granny.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment